WHY WE PLAY
If you are a golfer, you may think there is NOTHING better than taking a swing on the green. However, it can get BETTER. How about if each swing and each ball hit helped a family whose loved one was afflicted with ALS? You would be doing something you loved AND helping others at the same time. The Busby Foundation’s Annual Golf Tournament does just that…
The Busby Foundation was established in November 2001 by friends and colleagues to honor the courageous life and legacy of former ALS victim, Bo Busby. The Foundation provides financial support and assistance to Central Texas families who are facing the challenges of a loved one with ALS. Our financial support and continued empathy comforts patients and their families when the disease may overwhelm them with its ongoing demands and lifestyle changes.
Since its inception, The Busby Foundation has assisted many patients and their families in Central Texas. With your support, we have helped Central Texas families by
- Providing financial “gap” assistance until federal agencies’ aid begins.
- Directing families on available resources to assist them during these challenging times.
- Constructing wheelchair and incorporating handicap access features into their home.
- Assisting with home healthcare and nursing aid.
- Supplying transportation vouchers to help with hospital visits.
- Donating services to help families secure wheelchairs, breathing equipment, stair lifts and other mobility devices.
- Making lasting, lifetime memories through our Memories Programming.
- Supporting families with ALS and their children’s education through the Educational Gifting Program.
BACK ON THE GREEN
SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
We had such great feedback of returning our annual golf event back to the open air and green grass in 2018 that we will be doing so again in 2019. We will be swinging again at Lions Municipal Golf Course on September 26th!